Your university will tell you what they need to determine if you are academically eligible. If successful, you will be issued an I-20 form to enable you to apply for your student visa. You can apply for your visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country.
You will need the following when applying for your student F-1 visa:
- A valid passport.
- Form DS-160 for non-immigrant visa applications (online).
- Two photographs meeting the U.S. Visa Photo Requirements.
- Proof of paid F1 visa fee.
- Form I-20
- If you have received a scholarship, you also need to submit proof of it
- If you are supported or sponsored by someone else in the U.S., you will need to submit Form I-134, Affidavit of Support, and bank statements for the last three years of that person.
- If you are funding your U.S. education through a loan, you must also show proof of the approved loan
- Documents that prove your previous education and current qualifications:
- Acceptance letters from the educational institution admitting you.
- Previous degree diplomas
- Proof of purchased health insurance for international students.
- Application Fee payment receipt
- Form DS-157 for all males aged 16-45.
- Colored photos as per the guidelines.